Pizza is one of those foods that when you get a craving for it nothing else will do. You can always get one delivered, but there is so much more satisfaction in making your own dough and stretching it, topping it, and baking it. This recipe makes two great tasting, thin crust bases.
Ingredients (makes 2 pizzas)
300g White Flour – 1.5 cups
200ml Water – 4/5 of a cup
8g Instant Dried Yeast – 2 heaped tsp
8g Sugar – 2 tsp
6g Sea Salt – 1 heaped tsp
15ml Olive oil – 1 tbsp
1. Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
2. Pour in the water and stir just until mixed in.
3. Add the oil and keep stirring until you have a nice smooth mixture.
4. Cover the bowl and allow the dough to rest for ten minutes
5. Turn out the dough onto a floured board or benchtop. Knead the dough for about 5 minutes by squishing flat, folding in half, squishing flat again and repeating. As you knead, you should find that the dough loses its stickiness and becomes more smooth and supple.
6. Split the dough into two equal lumps and shape each lump into a ball. Sprinkle the dough balls with flour and cover with plastic wrap. Leave in a warm place to rise for one hour.
7. The dough is now ready to use. Shape each dough ball into a pizza base by pressing it into shape with your fingertips or rolling out. Place each base on a floured peel or a pizza tray if preferred, add your favorite toppings and cook your on a preheated pizza stone!
TIP: If the bases keep springing back when you are shaping them, get them pressed out half way to their final shape and then leave to relax for 5 minutes before you finish shaping.